domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2008

My name Sylwia

NAME: Sylwia

SURNAME: Pietrzak
AGE: 29
WORK AS: Polish and History teacher



ABOUT ME


Reading is my passion because of that fact I became a teacher. I decided to go to Mikołaj Kopernik University in Toruń. Although five years of reading, not always interesting books wasn't easy, I managed to pass all my exams. Since then , I've tried to show my students how great books are. Sometimes they lose with 21st century inventions like TV or computers but I found a way to deal with this problem, I use multimedia on my polish and history classes to make my lessons more interesting. I am fascinated by culture of many different European countries. I love traveling, because of that fact we, I mean my students and I, started an ,,European School Club". We meet every week and talk about traditions and customs in European countries. Sometimes we talk about diffferent religions. I am very satisfied with the fact, that my students become very tolerant and open minded people. Privatly I am a wife since 2004. My husband has got very similar interests and dreams to mine, so he forgives me the fact that I spend more time with students than with him.

2 comentarios:

Mª Jesús García San Martín dijo...

Pleased to meet you, Sylwia, that club of yours is very interesting.
Do you think we could join it to our etwinning? I think it could be a great idea.
Kind regards,
Mª Jesús

belen dijo...

Hi, Sylwia,let me tell you how impressed I was by reading what you are trying to do with your students and how much time you spend on this.
I'm sure that our students will be willing to exchange ideas and opinions about customs, traditions, history facts that conform our respective societies, etc,with a view to developing mutual understanding between both cultures.
Warm Regards