miércoles, 19 de noviembre de 2008

MY JOB, by Verónica Veiguela 1ºL-NI

Since 2006, I have been working in a multinational company called Alvargonzalez. It is a shipping agency company and it is situated at Aviles Port.
I work as an accountant and I enjoy it very much.
I usually speak with the ship's master and with the crew to help them in all they need, for example, giving them cash, calling them taxis, issuing their visas, taking them to hospital or to the doctor...etc.
On the other hand, I have to issue invoices to the ship's owners about all the services we have given to the ship. They are usually foreign, so I have to deal with them in English.
It is for that reason that I am taking English lessons, because at the moment speaking or sending English emails is a bit difficult for me. But there is another problem, which is that not all owners and crew are English people, they are from different countries, so their English pronunciation and writing are similar to mine, and it makes my job a bit more difficult.
I love my job, and I think that when I can speak and write English fluently, it will be better!