martes, 25 de noviembre de 2008

My special hobby, by Emma Lobato 1º E-NI

Hello,

My name is Emma, it is an English name but I’m Spanish. I’m a teacher. I work with little children (3, 4 and 5 years old) I like showing the children things about the nature.

I have a few silkworms in a cardboard box in my class. First of all they are little eggs, after that they became silkworms and they grow up eating a lot of leaves, but they only eat a special kind of leaves. The name of the tree in Spanish is morera.

The silkworm is the animal that eats more food in relation to its small size. They change and convert into cocoons, and then they keep in this condition for at least 3 weeks. After that they become butterflies. This process is amazing and children live it intensely, they watch the silkworms every day, feed them, giving them leaves and wait eagerly for their changes.

No hay comentarios: