viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

HI!, by Félix Gancedo

My name’s Félix, I’m 28, and I live in Salinas. I’ve studied Biology in Oviedo, and for a couple of years I’ve been studying Tuina (Chinese massage) and Acupunture. I’ve just arrived from Beijing, where I’ve been for the last 30 days in a training course. I’m learning Chinese too, so it’s been a complete incursion in oriental culture. If I’m lucky, I will be able to go back to China, working there or as a student, I don’t care. It’s a wonderful country, with a shocking history and amazing people.
I’ve been studying English since I was a child, as everybody in my generation, I suppose... but I try to improve my knowledge because the books, comics and movies I like most are in English, American English. And I know that’s a problem, because when English teachers asked me, expecting answers like “prison”, “pig” and “kill”, I said “joint”, “hog” and “whack”. But I’m working on it, and I’ll keep my slang terms in a low profile. Anyway, I think reading and listening to English, no matter the source, it’s the best way to improve.
I guess I’m a bit weird, because of my unusual tastes and way of thinking, but... well... it has never been a problem. Any complaints, please let me know.
Thanks.

No hay comentarios: