viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

MY IDENTITY, by MARÍA FERNÁNDEZ GONZÁLEZ, 2NA E

My name is María Fernández. I was born in Avilés in 1980 and I’ve been living here all my life. I’m a teacher at a high school but, in my opinion, the job is not the most important thing to define a person. I think that your lifestyle or the education that you had received during your childhood are most significant.

I started my studies of Biology at the University in 1998 and I finished them in 2003. I remember these years very well because they were vital in my life as a teacher, since I learnt all I know now there. However, I must say that I‘ve learnt a lot from my family too because my parents are teachers and they help me every time I need them. I love my job and I enjoy doing it, except when I have problems with the students’ behaviour. I find it quite difficult to understand why some students don’t want to learn how to become adults and be successful in our society.

My family is the most important thing to define me. I know that it’s difficult to explain this relationship but I think that nobody should lose his/her family because they never leave you alone when you need their help. I have a close-knit but small family so all of them have been part of my education.

The town or the country where a person was born is important for nationality but not at all when we talk about identity. All of us are European citizens so we should have similar values and feelings. It’s necessary to feel that you belong to a certain region too, but we must form a bigger unit because nowadays frontiers are disappearing.

No hay comentarios: