viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

An interview with Paloma, by Marcos Paramio, Advanced Level, 2nd Year, Group E




What is your name?
My name’s Paloma


So, Paloma, I’ll start the interview. Let me see… Let’s talk about your job. What do you do?
I have been working as an officer in Arcelor for more than three years.


That’s good. What did you study to obtain this job?
Well, I studied engineering, but maybe if you study some similar degrees you would obtain the same job.



And do you like your job, or maybe you want to have a different job?
Well, when I was a student I didn’t know exactly what I would want to be, because I liked maths and physics, and finally I decided to study engineering. But it doesn’t mean that I don’t like my job, I want to stay in my job for many years…haha


Well, let’s talk about something else because I’ve started to become stressed talking about working...
Haha...That’s funny



What do you want to talk about? For example: family, hometown, identity...
I don’t know...hometown



Ok. Where is your hometown?
It‘s near Avilés, about four or five kilometres...It’s in the middle of the countryside



And do you actually live there?
No, I’m living in Avilés at the moment.



And what do you prefer: living in the city or in the country?
I love the country, so I go to my hometown as many times as I can. It’s so relaxing to go for a walk in a place where you aren’t stressed... I’m sure you know what I mean.
Of course, my hometown is a village too and it’s true what you have said. Is there another reason why you love the country?
There are so many... for example, you breathe such a clean air... you live in a big comfortable house...you don’t have so many worries... the only inconvenience in my home town is that there aren’t any shops.



Really?
Yes, there are only houses. If you want...I don’t know, for example, if you want to buy a pair of shoes or drink a coffee you have to take your car and go to Aviles or somewhere else.



It’s very curious and strange, isn’t it?
Yes, but people get used to it.



So you know very well the differences between your village and the city, don’t you?
Of course, cities like Aviles are modern and almost have everything you could buy, but, if you realize what people’s lifestyle is like, so stressed all the time... Not all are advantages in the cities and in the villages.



Is your family living in your hometown at the moment?
My parents are living there, but my brother is living and working in Madrid.



Who do you get on with best of all?
I get on well with all of them, but especially with my mother.



It’s easier to get on well with a woman than with a man, because we are closer.
Yes, and my brother and my father are similar in character...so you guess what I mean.



They are less amiable, aren’t they?
You’re right



Do you prefer spending your time with your family or with your friends?
Obviously with my family.



Why?
I’m living here in Aviles at the moment, so I try to spend my time with my family every time I can, because they are living somewhere else, and my friends are here.



Is there anything else you’d like to add about the family?
I’m not sure what else I can tell you...



What are your hobbies?
I like reading, swimming and skiing.



Do you like skiing? Me too. I have skied since I was three.
Really? You’re lucky. When I was young I couldn’t ski a lot.



Why?
My mother broke a leg, and when she recovered from it, she didn’t want to go again, so...if she didn’t go, nobody would go.



I see... Is there anything else you would like to add to the interview?
I think there isn’t anything else…



Thank you very much for your interview.
You’re welcome

No hay comentarios: